Saturday, September 23, 2006

"Autumn" in Houston

This is a pic of a ladybug on our backporch hibiscus.
Kara and I had a nice relaxing Saturday. The guys Bible study met at our apt this AM. We are going through Galatians right now. It has been great to get a group of believers together. The 3 guys who were here today are 2nd year Baylor students.
Kara and I enjoyed the opportunity to watch some college football. We first watched some of the UT game and then later had the pleasant surprise of a University of Washington win over UCLA!!! UW has had a few down years but appears to be on the mend. Little known fact, the wave performed at most stadiums today was first started at the University of Washington in 1981 (the yr I was born).
As I write this blog, a "cool" front is blowing into Houston. We will be in the 80's and tomorrow night it is finally supposed to break 60 degrees for the first time (59).
Shout out to godsong for some sweet tunes last week. I played the music from your blog while studying for Family Practice tests. I did well so maybe it will become a tradition. This Monday I begin Pediatric ER elective. I am excited to see if this is what I really want to do. Pray for continued direction. I am also in the midst of possibly planning a trip to Uganda. Pray Kara will be able to come, work permitting.
Does anyone have any good book recommendations?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the recommendation of Delhi India. I'll hook you up! Think about it. :) Forget africa and come in INDIA!!! PLLLLLLLLLLEAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt,

Glad to hear that Godsong helped you prepare for Family Practice. We definitely believe in quality Pediatrics with little Tyler around. We'll be praying for guidance for you and your trip to Uganda. As far as good book recommendations I know that you and I are both MLJ fans. His biography is one of the best things I've read. Have you ever hit up his book Spiritual Depression? It is sure to stir the soul.

Drollingers said...

Uganda...how exciting!! You guys and Janae inspired us to start a blog. www.sieze-the-day.blogspot.com Kara, your parents are so sweet. I see them often at church and always enjoy talking with them.

Anonymous said...

Uganda is awesome, I had a friend who went on a missions trip to Uganda. Well pretty much anywhere in africa would be exciting to go to. So anyways glad to hear that there seems to be a lot of good stuff going on. As for books, well I'm going to be reading John Macarthurs The Gospel Acording to Jesus, which I've heard is great, but you may have already read that one. if you're thinking of fictional books then I would suggest a book called "Through a Glass Darkly" or the other one by the same author (I can't rember the author or the other book) but it's good it's historical fiction about the Reign of King Henry the VIII, and it's all about the personal politics in the royal family and the nobility, and it's got murder mystery and all that good stuff. If you're interested in political affairs and mystery and what not you would enjoy it.