(Thanks to Joe for the Chipotle recipe that I modified)Family practice is coming to a close in the next couple days. The rotation turned out to be a good experience. I have seen a ton of rashes, ton of coughs, ton of headaches, etc. Many patients have walked out of the office with a prescription for a sleep aid like Ambien or Lunesta, an antidepressant/anxiolytic like Lexapro or Wellbutrin, a cholesterol medication like crestor, and a blood pressure medication like lisinopril. This is the typical patient of America, and what makes the job fun is when someone comes in with a chief complaint that their "leg is jumping" (she had a muscle spasm for 5 min) or wants to know if they should go to the ER for a splinter in their foot that is about .05 mm. Word of advice, don't eat old ribs that have been sitting out from your brother's party either or you will end up really sick.
Shout out to Janae and her new blog at thotspot.blogspot.com or clink on the link to the right.
Abrupt Transition...
I was reading Is 14 a few nights ago and came across a couple verses that really struck me.
"But you said in your heart, 'I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God ..... I will make myself like the Most High." These vereses hit at the very center of sin and and can be traced back to the garden of Eden when Satan tempted Eve to eat the fruit to bring her into equality with God. The pride of man deceives and blinds us to our humbled position as the created and desires to ascend to the same height as the Creator Himself. What struck me as so amazing was when Php 2 came to mind. Christ "although He existed in the form of God did NOT regard equality with God a thing to be grasped but emptied Himself taking the form of a bondservant and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himslef by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross." The Son of God paid for my rebellious pride and sin with the most incomprehensible and humbling act the universe has ever known. I do not understand why but I am forever thankful for such grace.
Abrupt Transition...
I was reading Is 14 a few nights ago and came across a couple verses that really struck me.
"But you said in your heart, 'I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God ..... I will make myself like the Most High." These vereses hit at the very center of sin and and can be traced back to the garden of Eden when Satan tempted Eve to eat the fruit to bring her into equality with God. The pride of man deceives and blinds us to our humbled position as the created and desires to ascend to the same height as the Creator Himself. What struck me as so amazing was when Php 2 came to mind. Christ "although He existed in the form of God did NOT regard equality with God a thing to be grasped but emptied Himself taking the form of a bondservant and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himslef by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross." The Son of God paid for my rebellious pride and sin with the most incomprehensible and humbling act the universe has ever known. I do not understand why but I am forever thankful for such grace.
1 comment:
Ah the infamous guacamole... looks good. Hope you enjoyed it. great thoughts about the pride of man. I was just seeing this in a conversation with a non-believing friend of mine, he seems to have a view of God as if God is a hypocrite for telling us things not to do which are things that he DOES do, like be jealous or get angry. It is unfortuneatly too true that people have elevated themselves in their own minds to be above God. I kinda lost you on all the medical stuff, but it sounds exciting even though I don't fully understand all of it. Ha ha ha. Anyways that's all.
Post a Comment