Sunday, October 01, 2006

Katy Mills


Kara and I had a relatively uneventful week. I started pediatric ER and really enjoyed it. We saw some pretty interesting but sobering cases. I saw a small boy who fell into a bush and ended up with a stick that missed his eye by a few millimeters, but also saw a girl who lost vision in her left eye and was diagnosed with optic neuritis that may be the first sign of multiple sclerosis. You begin to get a better glimpse of the fragility of life with both grace and heartache.

We went to Kay Mills outlet that is about 30 minutes outside of Houston. The Bass Pro shop is massive with an impressive section of hunting equipment. Where Kara is from in Seattle, they protest fur and the headline story is about saving the whales but here Texans kill anything that moves. We looked at kayaks as we are interested in purchasing one, but we need to first consult Ken and Beth.

We have enjoyed the resurgence of the Washington Huskies. Next week is USC. Ken, Virginia Tech got roasted. Maybe next year.

For those of you wondering about the cake and flowers, we just decided buy them. Randalls is remodeling and adding a Starbucks!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy...that cake looks D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!!!

Dawn said...

exactly what I was thinking, Alicia!

Happy said...

Watch out for my California Golden Bears Matt!

Unknown said...

you are weird!!!!!

Unknown said...

Watch out for flannel!!

Unknown said...

Hello....anyone there....

Unknown said...

I thought someone was talking to me....are you talking to me....

Unknown said...

Hello?

Unknown said...

OK guys...no more tricks

Unknown said...

Where are you?

Unknown said...

Oh...my bad....that was gas....ooops...sorry ya all!!!!