Sunday, May 07, 2006

Just another crazy day


So, since our last post, things have been kind of crazy, and I mean literally crazy. I am now on the psychiatry rotation for the last 2 weeks. Last night, was my first of 2 psych er calls that lasted from 7PM-7AM. I wanted to share a few highlights of working late on a Saturday night in a county hospital ER. My first patient thought he saw demons in his house. His cat named Buffy was his best protection as Buffy would chase the demons away. Buffy apparently is training his younger kitten to do the same. Another patient believed HE was 9 months pregnant. I told him this was physically impossible unless there was something he was not telling me. He continued to insist that just this AM his abdomen began to hurt. I asked if he had ever had gas. He said not since he was a kid. He continued to insist on a urine pregnancy test and ask me if his results were in. These are just 2 of the characters you run into at 4AM.

Go Spurs Go!!!
Teams I like the least: Detroit > Dallas > LA Lakers (gone)
One out, 2 to go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt, even apart from the demons and the pregnancy test stories, just hearing about a job where you can ask, "Have you ever had gas," and get an honest answer is pretty funny/crazy.

Bill Blakey said...

Rehrer,

Here is a comment for you.

Happy said...

First of all:
GO LAKERS! 2007 BABY!

Second, I'll be a college graduate tomorrow!

Third, I have a job! Yes, I'm a PE teacher and coach at Liberty Christian School in Huntington Beach.

Fourth, I love you guys!