I posted a picture that I took while Kara's parents visited. They are in Houston from May 11-16 and are experiencing great weather. Her parents won't believe us when we say it is 94 degrees with 85% humidity if this keeps up.Here are 4 tenants of prayer from a sermon by George Mueller.
-our petitions must be according to God’s will
-we must not ask on account of our own goodness but in the name of Christ
-we must exercise faith in the power and willingness of God to answer prayers
-we have to continue patiently waiting on God till the blessing we seek is granted
I decided to put these tenants on the blog b/c I find them so very practical and thought why not share. Ps 5:3 is one of the my favorite verses as it talks about praying in the morning and watching with expectation for the answer. Prayer is how the Lord brings me through days like Mother's Day or holidays or anything else. I need a continual reminder that the Lord is near as I can forget so easily. I can turn so many other palces first. Praise the Lord that Christ intercedes on my sinful behalf.
2 comments:
Matt,
Your mom would be happy to see this post. She prayed fervently on your behalf and the Lord answered her prayers. You have much to be thankful for and much to look forward to.
God bless you. Maranatha!
Hey Matt,
This is completely unrelated to your post, but I remembered it was your birthday today and wanted to drop you a note! Hope things are going well today. :D
Cya next time you guys are in town
Steven
Post a Comment