Sunday, April 23, 2006

JC Penney


So today, we went to JC Penney to spend a gift card that we thought might begin to depreciate next month. Why is it that when you have money to spend it is so hard to find something to spend it on? Soo... we ended up with a George Foreman lean mean grilling machine and dinner glasses. For 2 people, we sure use a lot of glasses. We were thinking about buying a scale but when we tried it, our weights varied by 10 lbs each time we stepped on. So, we went to the check out counter in the housewares section. We were told by the checker, and I quote, "You would be better off checking out at another line." Let me clarify by saying that she had no one in her line and all of the other lines in the store had about 5-10 customers each. Needless to say, I was shocked and did not even have time to think of a response so we went downstairs to stand in line for about 15 minutes. Then, 2 girls asked and I quote, "Could we cut in front of you cause we only have one item and we are in a hurry." Now, let me remind you that we had 2 (TWO) items and were also not so excited about waiting in line any longer. However, I almost said something to point out that we had only 1 more item than them but refrained and let them cut. We will not be going back there any time soon. The funniest thing was that following payment with my debit card, the screen asked us to rank our customer satisfaction from 1-5. Hmmmm. Well, the picture above is of a police officer on a horse in the JC Penney parking lot. We still aren't sure why she is on a horse. Actually, this day has been great as we cooked burgers on the George Foreman and ate dinner in less than 30 minutes. Ohh.. to all you grilling enthusiasts who are appalled at George Foreman, know that we technically can't grill at our apartment. Now, we are going to go to the Chocolate Bar to wrap up our weekend!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its all about the George Foreman. We seriously use it all the time! And I like to see all the blogging, I might add, especially that cute one of that guy in the jump suit.

Anonymous said...

Yea! I can send you comments now. I really enjoy my George Forman grill although Paul thinks it is worthless. Keep having fun with that camera - the pictures are really great.