Thursday, October 01, 2009

Baby Arrival

Our baby journey began at 6PM on Sept 29 when Kara's water broke. We were in for a wild ride for the next 48hrs that would result in a surprise and a bundle of joy.
Haddon William Rehrer entered the world on September 30, 2009 at 8:11AM. He weighed 6lbs 8oz and was 18.5 in long. As many of you know, we were expecting a girl based on our ultrasound at 19 weeks. We were surprised when we discovered all of our pink clothes and blankets were not going to be put to use this time around.


Our little boy was a welcome surprise. Of note, Matt had done his own ultrasound around at 17 weeks and has a picture saved on the computer of what appeared to be a boy. He showed the ultrasound tech the day of the ultrasound and was told that it was just the umbilical cord.


We just love this little boy.


Here is a picture of the proud Papa.


Here is a picture of the proud grandparents. He brought laughter and joy to the room. After finding out Kara's water broke, Kara's parents drove up from Irvine arriving at 8:15AM right after he was born.


Haddon has perfected a few things like sleeping, eating (well, he is still figuring this out), and pooping (has this down, can't wait for the meconium to go away).

We have found ourselves just staring at him amazed that he is our little baby.

Matt is enjoying the new focus of his photography.


Here he is in his carseat ready to go home. He had a long day and was brought into his home sleeping and dreaming.
I hope everyone enjoys these pics. There will likely be more to come in the next week as we adjust to life. Matt has off until October 15!

8 comments:

Alicia said...

Well i guess I was WAY off on my guessing! ha. Congrats...he is absolutely beautiful!!! I can't to watch him grow up on this blog. Love you both!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! How exciting...I am so happy for the 3 of you! You are such a beautiful family. Hope to keep in touch. Haddon is beautiful! HUGS

Lots of love,
Erika Hernandez

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Matt & Kara! How very exciting! Haddon is so beautiful and he even has a perfectly round head! We're so glad to hear that you all are doing well and look forward to hearing more updates soon! :)

Much love from the Chis

Michelle said...

I think he looks like Chris! :) I'm sure you'll have fun converting everything to blue! :)

Dawn said...

LOL...when I read your FB stuff about "boy," I was a little confused. I thought "Wait, weren't they supposed to have a girl? Maybe I misunderstood..." That's funny! I was supposed to be a boy named Abraham until I came out and surprised everyone. So excited for you two! Boys are a blast! He is very handsome already!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! He is sooo cute. Good to hear you are all doing well, congrats on a sweet baby boy!! What a nice surprise!

Unknown said...

congratulations!!!!!
I'm so excited for you guys!

Aurelie said...

I'm can't stop smiling for you, Haddon is such a beautiful, sweet gift. All I want to do is hop on a plane to come see you 3. I'm sending all my love!