Sunday, July 06, 2008

CA Living


Hi to all of our faithful blog lookers (I can't call you readers as there has not been much to read). Kara and I are getting into the groove of our new lifestyle of odd hours and night shifts. My first month of internship has started, and I am working in the Emergency Department. During my first year of residency (also called internship), I will dabble in many different specialties to hopefully bring what I learn into the emergency room. The emergency department has so far provided plenty of beneficial learning experiences from botulism (in black tar used to produce heroin) to buckshot in the heart.

So far, not all of our time in California has been in the hospital. I was off on Independence Day so Kara and I were able to watch a local fireworks display and spend some time together! We want to buy bikes so that we will be able to better explore the area and take advantage of the outdoor-friendly weather. We have a great trail behind our condo that goes for miles and would be quite fun to use. Thanks again for checking in. We will try to do a better job of keeping you up to date when anything interesting happens.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt & Kara! I know that you have marked 2 anniversaries in the past week, and I have been thinking of you for both of them. Praying also. I'm glad y'all are doing well. Hopefully we'll update our own blog sometime soon w/some pictures for you to enjoy!
Love,
Aurelie

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, its good to be able to see the awesome ocean around you! Hope everything is well with both of you. I am sure a bit tired, with lots of long crazy hours? I wanted to let you know, we put a blog on too, the address for it is
Trishamoongirl.blogspot.com
lots of fun stories to read!

Anonymous said...

Hello! Just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you both. I love the pictures. Thanks for the updates.