Before we left, we painted the hutch that my dad made. We really like how it turned out, but it was a LOT of work.
We then flew to San Antonio and I was surprised by Ryan and Jennie Kay, who had come down for the graduation. Everyone had lied to me, but I forgave them. Here is a picture of Jennie Kay, Chance and Kara all in stripes.
We then drove to Houston for graduation. the Sosas and Blakeys were able to join us.
My dad's sisters Aunt Betty, Beverly and Barbara also flew in for the celebration.
The Harrell/Lunsford family was there too.
There was time between the luncheon and graduation to catch up on the latest Spurs news. 
Two of my mom's sisters also came for graduation, Aunt Dottie and Aunt Donna. They had quite the adventure getting through security!

Here I am getting my hood at graduation. Everyone made fun of me for squatting that low, but the man who hooded me was really short.

Here I am with Kara's family following the graduation.

Everyone looks great...but what is Ryan doing and where is Joe?

Blake and Bekah also came to graduation while Blake's parents watched Owen.

The next leg of our journey took us to Orlando to visit my dad's side of the family. We stayed with Megan and Kelly. It was great to see them and they were awesome hostesses.

We also went to my cousin David's high school graduation. He graduated in a class of 700 and his last name is Westberry so we had some time to kill!

Here is a picture of my dad's parents and my aunt Beverly. We enjoyed going out to eat, catching up and learning about our family history.

We then flew up to Philadelphia and went to my cousin Sarah's wedding at Cairnwood, pictured above. My cousin had been planning this wedding since she was 5 years old and it was beautiful.

Here are a bunch of my mom's side of the family. It was good to see people I hadn't seen in a long time.

Here is my cousin Sarah with her husband Caleb.

Here is Sarah dancing with her dad.

After the wedding we went down to Cape May to see my grandmother and grandfather. Here is my cousin Becky's daughter Zola enjoying some ice cream.

Here are my cousin Tommy's kids Isabel and Thomas playing with bubbles on the porch.
Here are my grandmother and grandfather. We enjoyed playing pinochle, eating frozen custard, hoagies, and porkroll and chatting.We had a great time on our trip, but we are glad to be back at our place. We are relaxing now and checking out the area until my first day of residency on June 23rd.
1 comment:
Finally an update! I have been thinking of you two so much, missing you a lot already! It's still kinda weird to me to think that y'all don't live in Houston anymore. But I'm so happy for you to be back in California, closer to family and a bunch of your friends. Now we'll just have to plan a visit! Natalie and I enjoyed looking at all the pictures of you and your family. Congratulations, Matt! I mean, Dr. Rehrer! Love to both of you.
Post a Comment