Sunday, December 10, 2006

December to remember

Hi to all,

The past couple of weeks have been rather uneventful. I am still at St. Luke's, a private hospital, for the second month of this surgery rotation. I have been able to scrub in on quite a few surgeries ranging from hernias, to bowel resections, to mastectomies. Kara and I went to the surgery Christmas party on Friday at a Mexican restaurant. We sat in the medical student corner and watched the nursing staff and attendings get drunk. It was very loud and we had to yell to talk. On Saturday, we went to Scott and Aurelie's house for chili and a Christmas movie. Their little girl Ellie who is one year old was the life of the party.

Last week, we finally booked our tickets to Uganda!!! We will be leaving Mar 31-Apr 15. This was earlier than expected but worked out well for us. Now it is time to line up those shots and visas.

Kara has been buried in Christmas stuff like cards and presents and decorations. She is enjoying her Bible study that meets on Saturday AM at the same time as mine. She is going through The Excellent Wife.

I will be headed to Billy Blakey's wedding to be held this Friday in Corona, CA. I will post pics of the wedding when I get back. I am flying solo as Kara could not miss any more work days due to our long Christmas vacation coming up to Oregon and Seattle. Well, that's all for now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, it was really funny to me that y'all made it sound like coming over for chili and a movie was totally lame and that's how boring life is for y'all right now (and don't worry- I love you guys and I absolutely did not take that personally!)- but for me last night was the most fun I've had in a long time! Seriously, I told Scott several times last night, and first thing this morning, how much fun I had and how glad I am that we did that.
So...I wonder if y'all will experience the same thing when you have babies...something to look forward to, right? :)
Anyway, thanks for the post and I'm looking forward to more pics.
Love,
Aurelie

Dawn said...

Seriously...I've often wondered when you two will get on with makin' babies! ;-) So Billy will be hitched on Friday, huh? Too cool. Guess I know what Bobby and Christa will be up to! Can't wait to see pics!

Anonymous said...

Matt, Looking forward to seeing you in Corona!

Bill Blakey said...

Rehrer,

Similarly, I am stoked that you are coming out! It will be great to see you again and awesome to have you stand in the wedding!

Happy said...

Probably won't be able to make it to Bill's wedding. Timing just won't work with Amy and I sharing one car. It would be cool to see you so maybe we'll try super hard to make it but it's not looking likely.