Monday, December 18, 2006

Billy's Wedding

This past weekend, I was out in Corona, CA for Billy and Cory's wedding. Billy has been a friend of mine since elementary school.
The night before the wedding, we went to the golf range and had some driving and accuracy contests for Starbucks cards. Here is me holding up Billy's driver that I broke. Amazingly, we had just been joking about the time that I broke another driver about 5-6 years ago. 3-4 other guys had already hit with this driver prior to me using it, but I happened to be the culprit. The head flew about 50 yards.

Here is a picture of the wedding party, minus me who is taking the picture, of us playing nerf the morning of Billy's wedding. We played against the high school at Billy's church who play every Sunday. Our lack of experience showed in our overall record of 2 wins 10 losses.


This picture gives you an idea of the set up for the nerf war.

Here is my friend Dan Talcott minutes before the wedding.

Here is a picture of Billy's brother Ben who has plans to run for the presidency in 2030 something.

Here are a couple pictures of Billy and Cory the day of their wedding.




Here is me.

Here is Billy and his 2 brothers, Ben and Bobby.

Here is a picture of Bobby and Christa Blakey with their son Ty. Ty actually sort of sounded out my last name and then asked me to hold him later on.
This is a picture of the reception area.

Here is Billy and Cory taking a peak at the reception prior to introduction.
Here is a picture of the cake.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rehrer!

Ah! The long awaited blog post is finally up! I appreciate that you did not praise your own picture taking skills in this post. Proverbs says we should let another man praise us. Rehrer, I am that other man. The artistic talent that you displayed in taking pictures last weekend (see the ring and cake pictures for prime examples) was amazing! Matt, I have known you for a long time and yet I did not realize what you were capable of with a digital camera until now. Wow! It is great to look back at these pics and see what a wonderful time it was at Billy and Cory's wedding! Can't wait until the next time I see you!

Ben Blakey said...

Rehrer-

Don't short-change yourself. I think you sent that driver head more like 75 yards. Sweet pics. It was great to see you at the wedding. I'll let you know when I find a candidate.

Ben Blakey said...

Rehrer-

Don't short change yourself. I think you sent that driver head more like 75 yards into the night sky. Sweet pics. It was great to see you at the wedding. I'll be letting you know when I find a candidate.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing pics with those of us who couldn't be there. That seemed to be the weekend for weddings! Abi and Nathaniel's wedding was beautiful as well

Dawn said...

YES! I'm so glad you posted pics of the wedding! I went to Christa's blog, but could only find a small one on her slideshow. My feminine crave for wedding pics has been satiated. Many thanks. The wedding looks gorgeous! And it was great to see some old faces, too!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Matt and Kara!