Monday, August 07, 2006

ER

Has anyone ever heard of the country Sao Tome and Principe? Just wondering b/c I think it is one of the most interesting countries I have read about. I have been reading about places that need medical help as I hope to one day set up a clinic or hospital overseas. There are so many needy areas.

I have enjoyed my time in the pediatric ER. In fact, I am hoping to set up an ER elective for 2 weeks to get a better feel for it. It is very exciting to get the first crack at a diagnosis when someone comes through the door. It is not like the ER TV show but there are moments of drama. On the flip side, a lady brought here 2 kids to the ER for physical exams for school. I was rather astonished. Is there anything emergent about that situation?

We have recently taken advantage of a new free service offered by our apt complex, valet trash. They provide a trash can and you just place it outside your door at night and they empty it for you. How lazy can you get; however, I am not complaining.

Sports comments: Floyd Landis is an embarassment. Baseball needs to cut its season in half.
The NFL is finally approaching. Go Titans. Well, everyone can at least start the season off with hope. The Texans possibly are one of my least favorite teams in the NFL. They should have at least picked Reggie Bush to make things interesting.

Mrs. Newton, congratulations!! I heard Abi is engaged. How exciting for your family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt, vallet trash sounds nice, I wish I had that. It's neat that you are looking at those countries that need medical help. That would be an intense and exciting thing to do and I hope the lord blesses your endeavors in that area. I sort of ignored the sports paragraph, hope you don't mind. anyways, it's good to hear from you.

p.s check your old masters e-mail, I keep sending e-mails there, I need to get your new adress. Although I thought I had it... I must be losing my mind.

Dawn said...

I've gone through phases of being hooked on ER. I find it interesting to watch 1) it has good stories and 2) I recognize alot of terms because my dad is a doctor so it makes me feel at least a little medically smart. :-)

Matt's excited that football season has begun. We had to get Judah some new pj's recently, and they are football themed. Can't wait to get a pic of father and son watchin' some football in "football gear." :-)

Happy said...

Hey Rehrer,
Sorry I haven't called. I've already exceeded my 450 minutes for this month's billing cycle so I wanted to ask if you have Verizon before I called, not wanting to call and say I had like six minutes to talk!
Speaking of ERs (I think), it's interesting right now in that Amy and I have no health insurance until September 1. I told Amy, "No health problems! We can't afford it!"

Anonymous said...

Greetings Matt and Kara! Monday the teachers and students in the San Antonio Independent school district started up the new school year; John arrived on campus at 7AM to comfort the weeping three and four year old bilingual students--grandfather style, I suppose. I can always tell when school's in session from the contents of John's pockets. A tiny pair of hoop earrings was among the pocket collection this week. John explained to me that on request, a 2nd grader spit the earrings into his hand--You may meet that little girl in the ER someday, Matt!
Mercy began her senior year at Believers Academy on Wednesday. I'm sure you remember those days, Matthew. To think, Mercy is the last of our eight to be a senior at B.A.--can you sense my sentimental meandering? And yes, Abi's engaged to Nathaniel; They will be living in Syracuse, N.Y. where Abi will learn all about the east coast and SNOW!
love to you both,
Mrs. N. for all the Newtons