Saturday, July 15, 2006

Mid July

It has been a couple weeks since our last post. We have a few updates to our lives. First, I started my pediatrics rotation on Jul 5. I have really enjoyed it for a number of reasons but one is that kids are in the hospital typically for things out of their control like asthma, pneumonia, ear infections, viral myocarditis, meningitis unlike adults who have poorly controlled diabetes, exacerbated congestive heart failure from noncompliance with medications, COPD from cigarettes, pancreatitis from alcohol abuse etc.



Another big event was the purchase of our bed at Crate and Barrel. The Lord really answered prayers, and we found it for over 50% off. We still need to get a new comforter that matches as you can see by the picture. The bed is navy blue and so our long-term plan is to paint it black and use a black, green, and white color scheme to decorate the bedroom.

I have been disappointed with the Spurs offseason moves. I think we should have put a sign and trade together for Jamaal Magloire. It is never a good sign when your offer is to a 3rd string center on the Knicks, and the Knicks think you are overpaying.

So I am not even halfway through the Spurgeon biography (850 pages). A little too much detail at times but very good and informative. Highly recommend it.

Never make a chocolate milkshake and let the glass go while still mixing with a handmixer.

It is hot.

4 comments:

Bill Blakey said...

Rehrers! Thanks for the updates! Nice bed frame! From one who is "in the market," I can say- "Nice Job."

Dawn said...

Isn't having a bed so much fun! We got one in January...loving the no-mattress-on-the-floor thing. I love the color scheme you've picked out...very shibui (natural, Japanese-ish type of interior decorating). We are close to having that in our living room.

Anonymous said...

wow, I laughed out loud at the milkshake remark, I can just imagine the consequences of that particular decision. I'm sure working with the kids is less mind boggling as it was working with the psyciatric ward. It's great to hear that ya'll are doing good.

Anonymous said...

Matt and Kara, I haven't checked blogs too faithfully of late, but it was wonderful to read yours' from the past few months. I especially loved reading and seeing the pictures of your visit with the family in New Jersey--I've heard about many of those folks! Mercy and I were in California for three weeks; inpart we were helping my parents move Dad into the Alzhiemers unit of an assisted living facility. That's a hard, confusing place and it's been good to remember "Even darkness is not dark to Thee, and the night is as bright as the day. . "
Blessings