July marked the end of Matt's 3rd year of residency and hopefully the start of seeing him a lot more! He has started his 4th and final year (woohoo!) off with a month in the ER at Kaiser. I'm quite sure we might have already seen him more in the last 2 weeks than we did all of last month! Here's what we've been up to in the first few weeks of August:
The kids (esp. Elsie Grace) know how to relax in the pool.
August 9th was Elsie Grace's first birthday (above is her referral picture at 3 weeks old)! She is a spunky kid and quite the drama queen. She is the biggest lovebug and I'm pretty sure her ideal day would be spent cuddling for hours with some running through the house sprinkled in.
We are so thankful for our little girl! We gave her the double first name Elsie Grace after Matt's sister's middle names: Amy Elizabeth and Bethany Grace (Elsie is a diminutive of Elizabeth). I can't think of two ladies who's lives are better examples to my little girl than them. I pray she has their passion for God, love for others, incredible/ infectious joy and that she is half the sister/friend they were to me.
Decorations
We are so thankful for our little girl! We gave her the double first name Elsie Grace after Matt's sister's middle names: Amy Elizabeth and Bethany Grace (Elsie is a diminutive of Elizabeth). I can't think of two ladies who's lives are better examples to my little girl than them. I pray she has their passion for God, love for others, incredible/ infectious joy and that she is half the sister/friend they were to me.
That's all for now!
3 comments:
Miss you guys. Can't wait to see you! Only 4 months!
Love reading this.
Cathy C. (Hint--Amy's mom)
I had no idea that's where you got her name. Simply beautiful. I think about Bethany quite a bit, especially whenever I hear "I Can Only Imagine" as that was a song she did with Majesty. Also whenever I think about a particular milestone night in mine and Matt's relationship that she helped me through. Joy is right -- and I hope Elsie someday will know the same joy her aunts exuded! Could you email me your address? I'd like to send you and Matt something. :-) firstgleam at gmail dot com.
Post a Comment