Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fall Arrival

A lot has happened since we last blogged, including many work hours. Matt is currently finishing up his month of obstetrics. He has delivered 12 babies, including twins. Kara has been busy with her job and just returned from the NANC conference, which she really enjoyed. Below are some pictures of 3 different weekends.

Kara's parents came up to visit for a weekend in September. We showed them around our area and took them up to watch the sunset over the bay. We had a great time and are thankful to be living within driving distance.
Kara and I also decided on a whim to hike Mt. Diablo. It is about 10 miles from our house. We drove to the state park and stopped at one of the trails along the way. We hiked for a while and then began to blaze our own trail following a creek bed. I thought I might have been exposed to poison oak, but a week later, all is well. We had a great time, but were very thankful to see the car. Our shoes were covered in mud.

A dirt road at Mt. Diablo.

This weekend we went to a pumpkin patch. It was a small farm in Clayton. We bought kettle corn and walked around enjoying the beautiful weather.
Here is a picture of a sunflower at the pumpkin patch.


We took a picture of a pomegranate. Apparently they must be in season. Today Kara and I also watched one of our favorite football games of the season as Texas beat Oklahoma. Go Longhorns! Now it's time to get some sleep!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey guys!
Sam Neylan here....you're on my googlereader. :)

Mt Diable? Clayton? do you guys live up in the bay area now? I'm originally from Walnut Creek (have lived in Concord, Pleasant Hill, Danville and Clayton)!
Hope you like my old stomping grounds!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty photos. Enjoyed reading your updates.