Thursday, August 21, 2008

Update


(Chris, Ashley and the girls )

Well, it has been a few weeks and we have been busy (what else is new!:)). So, I am ignoring the dishes and laundry for a moment in favor of cathing up on the blog. Matt is at the hospital, working hard. He is starting a month at UCSF in San Francisco on the Neuro. ICU/Consult service. Since he just started there isn't much to share, but I guess you can pray for quiet nights in the ICU when he's on call so he can come home ASAP and get some sleep! He just finished a crazy busy month in the regular ICU, so he is definitely a little sleep deprived, but somehow still manages to smile and laugh 99% of the time!
Also, since our last post, I got a job. The Lord was SO gracious in providing a job for me at our church. I am the new administrative assistant in the biblical counseling office. My job is definitely quite busy, but I love it and love the people I work with. Everyone has been so sweet and helpful and I feel like I have landed my dream job! I never thought I would get paid to do anything related to my Biblical Counseling major, so I am one thankful girl!
Outside of work, we have been enjoying visits from friends and family. Last week, Billy and Corey stopped by for dinner and dessert while on vacation. It was so nice to catch up! This week Chris, Ashley, and the girls were here for a couple days. We had a great time hanging out, having lunch with the Dresdows, playing princess, enjoying the park, eating massive ice cream cones, etc. It was such a blessing to have them stop by and we are thankful we are on the same side of the country now, so we can see each other more often. We can't wait for our twin nephews to join the world!
Well, that pretty much sums up life here! We hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the last few weeks of summer! Here are a few pictures of our time with the fam.

(Tahlia in her princess dress)

(Mikaela dancing in her princess dress)


(Mikaela enjoying some rainbow sherbet)

(Tahlia with a big bite)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like tons of fun! Glad you all got to visit, wish we could join in on the fun! We will be praying for rest for Matt, and thats awesome about your job!!! Thanks for the update, its always exciting to find out that Ashley is having boys' through your blog!! so cool!

Anonymous said...

That looks like tons of fun! Glad you all got to visit, wish we could join in on the fun! We will be praying for rest for Matt, and thats awesome about your job!!! Thanks for the update, its always exciting to find out that Ashley is having boys' through your blog!! so cool!

Miracles of the Moment said...

Matt,

It is great to keep in touch with everything that is happening in your life, via the blog. I hadn't realized that you moved so close to our area. We live in San Jose. Lets try to get together. (during your spare time!)

Ryan Shull

Anonymous said...

Been checking your blog often for news of you two. You're both in my prayers. Love from all of us.