Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Return of the Bloggers


It has been a few weeks since we last b-logged. We have been busy, but here are the highlights.

Go Spurs Go!!! We watched all four games with Matt studying during commercials for his ObGyn final. Thankfully, it only took 4 games to win championship #4. I can't wait for next year and a possible repeat.
Matt finished with ObGyn!!! He enjoyed delivering babies and assisting on c-sections. The whole process is amazing. I have difficult time figuring out how anyone claims evolution exists in the midst of such awesome complexity.

The Harrells visited us in Houston. We stayed in a hotel by the Galleria (5th largest shopping mall in the US). We had a blast and really enjoyed Cheesecake Factory. My favorite kind of cheesecake is the Godiva or the chocolate raspberry truffle. Kara's favorite is chocolate tuxedo.

We also made a big purchase on Tuesday when we bought a car. The Lord landed a deal in our lap for a black (our preferred color) 2006 Honda Accord. The Scort is in the shop indefinitely until its intermittent start-up problem is diagnosed, and we needed some wheels. The Lord has again been good to us.

I have been passively watching the AFI top 100 movies. Anyone have any top movie recommendations?


2 comments:

Bill Blakey said...

Yay for an Accord!!!

Great cars!!! Isn't God good to provide???

Hope to talk to you tonight and can't wait to see you guys again!

Dawn said...

Nice! We have an '03 Accord and couldn't ask for a better car! Enjoy God's blessing!

And I'm still anxious to know more of Matt's thoughts on his OB/GYN round...esp. what it was like to assist a c-section. I desperately wanted to watch my own -- I even tried to see it in the relflection of the metal beams on the room's ceiling. :-P And from the patient's perspective, it really does feel like someone is standing on your rib cage (heavy, not painful) at some point and I can't figure out why. Is that when they are pulling the baby out? Might be cool to know before my next one on July 31st! From the husband's perspective, my Matt said that it was strange to watch his wife and child in that situation/environment. :-)