Matt was given the opportunity to participate in the groundbreaking of the new Baylor hospital. His role was to break ground by scooping up dirt from a prepared mound and then dumping it back on the same mound. The picture here shows Matt in the background with Dr. Debakey in the front. Debakey is a very famous heart surgeon and former president of Baylor.
Here is the sign that Matt helped dig a hole for. After participating Matt returned to the hospital that night to deliver more babies. Matt assisted in 10 deliveries and did 5 on his own. One of the babies he delievered was named Jesus (the Latino version). Another highlight was helping deliver twins.
This Memorial Day weekend, we went to San Antonio for our weekend get away to the Harrell Resort. We ate great food and decided to take a picture of Chance with his massive portion of steak. 2 days later he was still eating it for breakfast.
We watched the Spurs get creamed and then when it goes on cable they win!
2 comments:
Go, Matt! What a cool thing to do -- you're a piece of history now! :-P And I'm not just talking about the hospital...for the rest of their lives, those babies you delivered will harken back to you! When Matt gets a chance, I'd LOVE to read a post on his thoughts of working labor/delivery!
I have rarely ever said this, but now I say it with all my heart: GO SPURS!
Post a Comment