Sunday, November 12, 2006
My Night Owl Husband
Well, another week has gone by quickly and I wanted to update our blog for those that keep up with it. Matt is at the hospital right now, just like he has been every night since Friday. He has been working from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. at the county hospital ER. He is still in his surgery rotation. He has seen plenty of interesting things, but he is much better at telling stories, so I will let him tell them in a couple days when he is back to a normal schedule. Right now, his day looks a little like this: He gets home at 7 a.m., eats breakfast and then goes to bed. He gets up at about 3 p.m. and we hang out for a few hours, then he eats dinner and I take him back to the hospital. Thankfully he has been able to sleep even though there are cars going over a speed bump on the other side of the wall from our bedroom, dogs barking, ambulances go by because we are so close to the med. center and today there was music playing somewhere outside. The Lord has been gracious to give him good sleep! The Lord has also been gracious to keep me busy so I haven't really had time to get bored or feel too lonely. I was able to eat lunch with a friend this weekend and have Bible study tonight which was such a blessing! I have also gotten to watch several chic flicks, which I'm sure Matt is thankful he will not have to endure now! Anway, I must admit, it is still weird to me that we actually pay Baylor for him to work 12 hour shifts in the middle of the night. I think this is a great deal for them! Matt has had a great attitude in the midst of being "overworked and underpaid" and has been a great example of being joyful always! Well, he will return to normal life on Tuesday and will be available to write a much more interesting blog then!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Good stuff...thanks for updating the blog, Kara. It is fun to keep up with the Rehrer's...
Matt, hang in there, friend...it is encouraging to hear of your good attitude during these hard nights of work...but I am sure that hotchkiss prepared you to be able to sleep through great noise and commotion :)
Derek
AMEN to the Hotchkiss comment. Dixon was a haven from Hotchkiss' noise level! I can't wait to hear some good surgery stories!
Matt is awesome!
He used to stay up many hours in college just dreaming about you...
that is what Hotchkiss men do best...dream of there wives!
NG
Matt have you ever had an itch under your left ventricle?
Hello anybody there?
Can you hear me on these things called computers...this is nuts..
that reminds me, have you ever had nuts before?
I like the ones that come in a jar!
Post a Comment