Tuesday, December 20, 2005
Countdown to Coronado
So we're on break, kind of. I finished finals on the 16th and Kara gets a break starting on the 23rd. I wanted to include some of the highlights from my break so far. First, Family Feud is awesome. "Al Borlan" is a nut, but some of the contestants take the cake. Here is just one example from my hall of fame (or shame depending on how you look at it). The question was, "What past President would you most like to have currently serving in office?" A few classics were thrown out like Abe Lincoln and JFK (George Washington noticably still missing). The next contestant guessed Benjamin Franklin. Hmm... was she confused with FDR? Next highlight, I watched Star Wars III for the first time and decided it was the only one of the new trilogy that was worth the $4 at Blockbuster. I also checked up on my fantasy football team to ensure victory in the playoffs this coming week. LT and LJ, what a combo. Has anyone else noticed that the Spurs have a tendency to lose the second game when 2 games have been scheduled back to back. By the way, anyone know how to get Winfixer off your computer cause it has taken over mine. What an ingenious piece of work, posing as a Windows program that repairs your computer. Oh... I am about to purchase the Treo600, my first real tech gadget. I am required to have a Palm for clinical rotations, and the Treo fits the bill. Finally I can get rid of T-Mobile's free phone!!! Stock tip of the week. Check out SNUS. They have a drug in phase 3 trials that will replace taxol (a drug commonly used for breast cancer). The rest of my break has been spent in the Post-office where they will open one window despite many workers talking and staring at all of us in line out the door, which is fine with me cause I just play tetras on my cheesy old T-mobile phone. By the way, does anyone else think that Heb 6:11 is talking about believers? Big Mac's note does not make sense in light of the context of chapter 6, the author, and the audience. Well, this sure beats studying double digit hours every day!! To conclude, UT v USC could be the best game since well... USC v ND. I will be interested to see how USC's offense does against the 3rd ranked defense in the country. The best PAC-10 defense is Cal ranked 47th I think. Enough musings for one day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good musings. Glad to hear you're getting a little break but still keeping your mind razor sharp with Family Feud. Funny you should mention Hebrews 6:11 .. The other day when we were sitting around in the lunch room, we talked with John about this. Not really (and I wonder when was the last time Dr. MacArthur went in the lunch room). It does seem to address believers though. I think you'll be amazed at how much offense USC will throw at UT. How much did A&M do? Think about it. Hope you have a great Christmas break. It was exciting to see Kara'a parents become members this month. It is fun seeing them around and getting involved. We will be with Bobby and Christa Monday - Wednesday but we would love to see you if it's possible. God bless and Merry Christmas.
Post a Comment