Our car is dead. In the past we have heard horror stories about engine blocks being cracked. I never understood what this meant until now. We have a cracked block. We still don't know what this means, but the car doesn't work. This Saturday it will be towed away and sold piece by piece.
I (Matt) have been working in the county hospital. I am excited about my first lumbar puncture. It was a success. I have seen a bunch of heart attacks, strokes, ingestions (including aspirin, tylenol, cocaine, PCP, beta blockers, benzos, opiates, heroine, meth, pot, and alcohol). The highest recorded alcohol level that we have seen is 0.8. the legal limit is less than .08, which is equivalent to about 3 beers. .8 is the equivalent of about 30 beers.
We are also in the middle of residency applications. Some of our favorite places are Highland in Oakland, UCLA, Loma Linda, Denver, Indiana and North Carolina. Matt's personal statement continues to be refined.
I (Kara) have been keeping busy with the daily routine and helping Matt out. In my spare moments, I have really been enjoying Stepping Heavenward. I think I am the only girl I know of who had never read this book. It is wonderful and I recommend it to anyone else out there who hasn't read it!

4 comments:
I haven't read Stepping Heavenward. :-) And if you go to Indiana, we could visit every other Christmas because Matt's family lives there.
-Dawn
Too many favorite places! You need to narrow it down to the right one--Indiana of course! :)
JK
Kara, I love Stepping Heavenward and have made Elizabeth Prentiss my book discipler. John just got me More Love to Thee for my birthday a couple days ago and I have already jumped into this marvelous biography of her life. I've also read "Aunt Jane's Hero" but I love Stepping Heavenward.
When do you guys leave for Matt's residency?
Hey, I got to your site through a friend's. I just graduated from Masters last year. Anyway, if you ever want to come visit Indiana for the school, I live here. I live just outside Indianapolis, so if you come up here at all, let me know if you need a free place to stay. My email address is laurenwiley@gmail.com if you have any questions.
Post a Comment