Sunday, April 29, 2007

Friends

The past 2 weekends we have had visitors in Houston. First, Dan and Katie Talcott flew from California to visit for 4 days. We ended up spending most of our time catching up, playing Settlers of Catan and hanging around our apartment. We did venture to the Galleria (the big mall in Houston) and some local restaurants. We really enjoyed our time with them! Here are a couple pictures from our weekend with them.
Here we are making a gourmet breakfast with Kara making pancakes, Dan making bacon, Katie cutting fruit and Matt (obviously behind the camera on this one) made eggs.

Here is a group photo.

Our next visitor was Janae. She came visited us on Saturday and Sunday. She is leaving for Seattle in a few weeks and dropped by to hang out for a couple days before leaving. We spent a lot of time chatting, playing speed Monopoly, and eating at Chili's and Olive Garden. We are really glad she made the 3 1/2 hour drive and we had a lot of fun hanging out!

Janae and Kara
Matt started OB/Gyn last Monday. If you want to know how it's going, Matt describes it as informative and gross. Kara is still working and has no vacation time left. Despite the last 2 comments we are doing well and feel refreshed after all the visits from our friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! The Rehrers and the Talcotts getting together! That's exciting!

Dawn said...

Ok, informative and gross? I'd ask what you mean, but I'm not sure a blog is the proper place to explain when it comes to OB/Gyn stuff. I'll just assume it's the "gyn" part that is gross...the OB part is very near and dear to me (the seemingly perpetually pregnant/nursing one) and is quite fascinating. I have always wondered, though, what on EARTH makes men want to go into that particular practice!

So good to see pics of college friends! It still floors me that Dan and Katie got married. Either I wasn't paying attention or I graduated to soon to see that one coming. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello! Great to see your pictures from Uganda. So amazing. I can't wait to hear about your plans for the future.

Our family plays Settlers too; it can get a bit heated from the competition.