Here are a couple pictures from around the apartment complex (called Camden Vanderbilt). We did not take a picture of the naked woman poolside that we stumbled upon last week (no we are not kidding). We quickly changed directions toward another area of the aparment complex. If anyone can identify the species of bird we would appreciate it.
For our own personal knowledge and for our blog readers, please post any churches you would recommend around the country. In thinking about residency applications, we would like to apply places where we know there are good churches. Any recommendations are very helpful.
5 comments:
We are at Southern Seminary right now and attend a good church called Clifton Baptist Church. It is in Louisville, KY.
Hi Matt and Kara!
We'll be praying for your trip to Uganda. Please tell Shannon and Danielle hi for us. We just recently visited a great church in Bozeman, MT called Grace Bible. Our good friend is the youth pastor. Also, my home church is great in Temecula, CA called Faith Bible. Chris Mueller is the new pastor and they love him.
Hi Matt and Kara,
This is Bjorn writing you from India, and as I was looking at your last post I decided it was my duty as a friend to answer your question about the birds and let you know that they are called Cormorants. Anyway, that's all for now! :) I'm excited for you guys and your upcoming trip to Uganda! Have a wonderful time. And I would agree with the Drollingers when they say that they know a great church in Bozeman, MT! I think I know some people that go there too! Oh wait, that's my church!...haha. Well, talk to you later
I know a great pastor at a great church, but i am not sure where the church will be yet. I guess you will just have to follow the Lunsfords until the church is established.
1) Who knew? Gunner is going to have a son named Judah just like we do. :-) Did they choose that name or was the child given that name at birth? It's a great name! And how awesome that they get to adopt so early on in life!
2) Churches...you asked...and this probably is my longest comment in the history of blogging. :-P But only because we know how important and difficult it is to find a good church in the same area you need to work.
We go to Grace Bible Church in Hollister, CA. It was also Elias Fairfield's home church when he lived around here. Not sure how residency works (does it have to be a university hospital?), but we have GREAT hospitals in Monterey and Salinas. San Jose I bet has a university hospital.
When we move to MD, we know of a church called Hope Bible Church that lies in between DC and Baltimore (isn't Johns Hopkins there?). The pastors at both Grace and Hope are Master's sem grads and wonderful men. Oh, and CJ Mahaney's church is also in Maryland.
My home church in Arkansas is the Bible Church of Little Rock -- and of course it's one of the greatest churches. ;-) The pastor there was actually MacArthur's top assistant at G-Comm before he was called to be our pastor in Little Rock, and the youth pastor and childrens' pastor are both TMS grads. They also snagged Dr. George Zemmeck, a prof at TMS, to move there and help start a "school" of sorts where people can actually take seminary courses for credit. My dad (radiologist)works for University of Arkansas Medical School (UAMS) and I know first hand that it's a great place for study/residency/work. I have several friends attending med school there right now and frequented it myself for various medical needs. If you want more info, I can hook you up with my dad and he'd be glad to help you.
www.gracehollister.org
www.hopebiblechurch.org
www.bclr.org
3) We pray you'll have a great time ministering in Uganda!
Post a Comment